Monday, September 12, 2011

Products I'd Endorse

I'm a small fish in a big pond, so I currently don't have people knocking down the doors of Chaka's World trying to get me to endorse their products. Whenever I'm listening to the radio and hear a celebrity or news anchor sneakily transitions from actual news and launch into a commercial for a mattress, flowers, carpet cleaning, or any other product, it kind of bugs me and actually backfires since I think "You are only promoting that product because they are paying you."

Below, I have listed some products I have enjoyed over the years that I would gladly endorse without getting paid.

Toblerone- If you've read my blog, you know I love Toblerones. They are so unique and delicious. They remind me of Christmas and Europe.

Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds- These bad boys are as good as almonds can get. Their intoxicating smell is as almost as good as the taste.

Cream of Wheat- I've trusted this meal since I was a kid. My mom used to tell me stories about the cook on the box when I was little. I could eat 10 pieces of toast as long as I could dip them in my cream of wheat seasoned in brown sugar.

Movies 8- The dollar theater is one of the few industries that hasn't kept up with inflation. Back in the mid 80's it cost $1 to see a movie. Today it still only cost between $1.50-$2.00 depending on the time of the showing  and the day. You can't complain about that.

There you have some of the products that I would endorse without being compensated. Before you think I am a pillar of integrity with all my free advertising, I have to admit I would probably be a sellout and promote lead based carcinogenic children's toys if someone paid me enough. Maybe not, but at least I'd stoop to Adsense.

5 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have actually been to the Toblerone plant in Bern Switzerland when I was a kid. Epic. Like going to Willie Wonka's chocolate factory.

Kristina P. said...

I do like almonds, but I don't really love the smokehouse ones.

Dr Zibbs said...

Oooh i'm going to check out those almonds!!

Crystal Pistol said...

I love cream of wheat. It is so soothing and warm in the belly. Ahhhh.

mCat said...

Holy Hannah - I thought I was the only one whoever ate Cream of Wheat when they were a kid.

I can't bring myself to do it now. Gag..