Monday, January 24, 2011

Snakes "The Epitome of Evil"

I'll get straight to the point. I hate snakes. They make up one third of the 3 S's (sharks, scorpions, and snakes) which form the axis of evil in the animal kingdom. A snake is nothing more than a fanged muscle. If that isn't disturbing enough, many of these monsters are made in a poisonous version too. The only thing that could make them worse would be if they could fly.

When I originally saw the photo below, I was told that this snake nest was found in Utah, but I've since seen other reports claiming it was taken in Wyoming, and other places, and I really don't care where this happened or even if it is photo shopped. It has done it's damage and I will never be the same. Can you imagine flying over a sand dune on an ATV and landing in that?

Occasionally I have nightmares where I am running across the desert and everywhere I go there are snakes. I'm literally running, jumping, and hopping like crazy trying to avoid them, but it does no good since the entire ground is covered like the above picture in every direction.

There may be some lunatics reptile enthusiasts out there who say snakes are just misunderstood and will leave people alone unless provoked. Others might say they serve a purpose in the food chain and keep rats and mice from getting out of control. There may be some truth to that, but I still get chills thinking about them even if they are faithfully fulfilling their civic duties.

You might think I am a wuss because I'm afraid of snakes, but at least I am in good company with Indiana Jones and thousands of housewives around the world.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, you are also in the company of my husband, who is a ninja, can resuscitate people, and carries a gun.

ISRAEL CARRASCO said...

Don't go to India

Eric said...

I'd rather hold a western diamondback rattler than a spider. True story.

Kal said...

Octopus are just bulbs with eight snake like arms so I share your hatred of these things. We had a guy who taught at a school near where I taught who had a travelling reptile show complete with huge pythons. He would wrap dozens of coral snakes around a kids neck or sit the boa on the laps of a whole kindergarten class. It was a freakshow and I stayed well away from them all.

Lisa Loo said...

{{{{{{shudder}}}}}}}}

I about threw up during Indiana Jones......

Troy said...

I am not a fan of snakes or spiders but the recurring nightmare I often used to have involved a kimono dragon and my inability to go faster than it... It's long forked tongue is like a snake itself!

Cheeseboy said...

I hate snakes. Indiana Jones has nothing on me.

peewee said...

I take it you DIDN'T like the movie Snakes on a Plane?

Crystal Pistol said...

Satan is likened unto a serpant in scripture... 'Nough said!

that pic is horrible, btw.

mCat said...

Oh - you wouldn't last with my granddaughter - she loves snakes. And lizards and spiders and sharks.

She googles pictures of snakes eating eggs. Can't.figure.her.out.