Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

The other day I was thinking about some of my favorite things and the song from The Sound of Music came to mind. I've previously mentioned how I feel about musicals. I could only recall some of the words about when the dog bites and when the bee stings, so I googled the lyrics and have included them below. Warning: If you are a guy, then stop reading this post. You may feel strange and awkward if you continue reading. You will be completely emasculated if you actually sing the lyrics below.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings...

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings...

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs...

All I can say is that had better have been a woman who wrote those lyrics! I actually made my own version of the song, but none of my favorite things rhyme. I worked on it for months, trying to force the words and make a funny version of the song by using some of my favorite masculine things. I recently accidentally erased that saved post and am not willing to submit myself to the mental turmoil again, but it included things like....

Eating tuna fish straight from the can
Excessive channel flipping while watching TV
Showering in less than one minute
Screaming at the TV during a sporting event
Wearing a tool belt

Just pretend I did a cute remake of the song that guys could be proud to sing in a deep voice. Sorry for the let down. Have a nice day.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

This made me giggle like a guy who giggles like a girl.

The mad woman behind the blog said...

Damn, I'm gonna have to give it a try now, b/c the damn song will be in my head.
My mom used to sing a song from West Side Story "Tonight" but she would use "tuna" and describe making dinner. One of your first faves got THAT one stuck in my head too.
Thanks a lot!

Everyday Goddess said...

I could write one about some guy I know:

Eating with gusto and slurping from beer cans,
Scratching like crazy and forgetting the lid up.

These are a few of my least favorite things.

Eric said...

Hah! The Oh My Goddess comment is hilarious.

Hey Chaka, it's all good as long as you don't sing really high like the odd guy on the American Idol show...